Saturday 16 November 2013

Splashes of Color with Jelissa....

Good day everyone!
It's my turn to debut on the Green Tara blog and I've got
three colorful creations to share with you.

First is a romantic shabby layout of my husband and I before we had kids:
  
"LOVE"

I'm a big fan of layering so not only have I done it for the patterned paper, I've also
layered the "Pale Blue Mesh" and "Rose Mesh" and lace
 ribbon as well. The " Flower Lace" started out white but I've misted it to
 match the color scheme of the layout. Behind the photo, I've also tucked in a piece
 of "Pale Pink Flower-edged Organza" just to sweeten things a little.


I've chosen to create just one floral cluster with the "Dusky Pink Heirloom "
as the focal point. Accompanying it are the soft "Pale Green Primula",
some "White Cherry Blossoms" which I have misted blue and pink, as well
as a "Dusky Pink Lace Pearl Flower". Tucked underneath the blooms is the
 "Red Flower Sprays" which I have cut up into a few pieces. These flower
sprays are both delicate and versatile at the same time! But that's not all -
I still have a cascade made up of  "Pink Bud and Bow Ribbon" and
 " Off White Lace Ribbon", which I colored again with blue.
 Gotta love these lace ribbons that I can alter to suit my piece! Finally, draped
over the Heirloom is a "Pale Pink 3mm Pearl Trim"


Just for extra pop, I've brushed some gesso over the "Metal Heart" 
 and added a little "Pink Rainforest Velvet and Organza 3cm Butterfly".

GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- 38MM MESH ROSE RB6734RO
- 38MM MESH PALE BLUE RB6734PB
- FLOWER EDGE ORGANZA PALE PINK RB221PP
- 30MM LACE FLOWER WHITE RB6815WH
- 1.2CM LACE OFF WHITE L28990W
- BUD N BOW 16MM PINK RB6761P
- 3MM PEARL TRIM PALE PINK RBKPPP
- HEIRLOOM 6.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER DUSKY PINK XF9213DP
- LACE PEARL 3.5CM FLOWER DUSKY PINK XF9332DP
- PRIMULA 4.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER PALE GREEN XF9325PG
- CHERRY BLOSSOMS WHITE FLC22WH
- FLOWER SPRAYS RED PFSTR
- METAL HEARTS 2.5CM MESH
- RAINFOREST VELVET AND ORGANZA BUTTERFLY 3CM PINK XP0280P


My second layout is a playful one:

"SMILE"


Green Tara flowers, ribbons and laces come in so many different colors
and styles that it was such a fun and easy time putting them together for this layout.
Even if you can't get the exact color, they are also available in white and below
are some techniques which I used to alter the flowers.


First, I want to show how I did layering with the
"Sage and Latte Double-sided Vertical Stripe Satin" ribbons and
 "Gold Mesh" cut as banners, and a "Off-white Lace Ribbon"
  tucked under the photo. 


The "White Apple Blossom" and "White Rose" were just perfect
 for altering with distress stains and letting the color run with spritz of water. 


The absolutely beautiful "6.5cm Heirloom Champagne  Flower"
  grouped with a "White Rose" and another "White Apple Blossom".
Both were colored with distress stains and glimmer mist. I also tucked in a small
 piece cut out from the "Flower Sprays Gold".


The "7cm Wild Rose" is such an
eye-catching piece that I just had to use it. I clustered it with
"Two Toned Blue Cherry Blossoms",
 "White Apple Blossom" 
 which are distressed with stains.
I didn't have the right shade, so I took a  
"4.5cm Primula White Flower"
  and treated it by rubbing on some distress paint, misted with
 Dylusion spray and some water to create a striking teal. 

GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- DOUBLE-SIDED VERTICAL STRIP SATIN LATTE RB454LAT
- DOUBLE-SIDED VERTICAL STRIP SATIN SAGE RB454SA
- 1.2CM WHITE LACE L3054W
- 1.2CM OFF-WHITE LACE L29230W
- 38MM MESH GOLD RB6734GO
- HEIRLOOM 6.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER CHAMPAGNE XF9213CH
- HEIRLOOM 4.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER YELLOW XF9317Y
- PRIMULA 4.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER WHITE XF9325WH
- WILD ROSE 7CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER MOSS XF9318MO
- CHERRY BLOSSOM WHITE FLC22WH
- CHERRY BLOSSOM CREAM FLC22C
- CHERRY BLOSSOM TWO TONE BLUE FLC22BPB
- APPLE BLOSSOM WHITE FDV044WH
- 1.5CM ROSES WHITE FDR003WH
- 2CM ROSES WHITE FDR006WH
- FLOWER SPRAYS GOLD PFSTGO

My last share is an altered lamp shade which I bought on a whim:

 

"LAMP SHADE"

 


The Green Tara lace ribbons and flowers are just perfect for creating a beautiful piece.


The main bouquet is made up of the irresistible
 " Damask Flower" and the new
 "Velvet Rose Mint", surrounded by delightful (and colorful!)
"Assorted Azaleas", "Lace Pearl Flower",
 and a "Tutu Flower".


Tucking in some "Cerise Calla Lilies" with "Flower Sprays Gold",
 and topping off the lampshade with a lace trim.


The " Azaleas" and "Aubergine/White Apple Blossoms" 
 are just right to complete the bouquet. I also went around the bottom of the 
lamp shade with a lovely "Green/Gold Mesh" and the
 "White Lace" for a touch of elegance. 

GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- 38MM MESH GREEN/GOLD RB6734GG
- 30MM FLOWER WHITE LACE RB6815WH
- DAMASK 8CM FABRIC AND ORGANZA FLOWER LAVENDER XF9225LAV
- VELVET ROSE 8CM VELVET FLOWER MINT XF9217MI
- LACE PEARL 3.5CM PEARL AND LACE FLOWER TURQUOISE XF9332TU
- TUTU 5CM ORGANZA AND PEARL FLOWER CERISE XF9227CER
- APPLE BLOSSOM AUBERGINE/WHITE FDV044AU/WH5
- CALLA LILIES 3CM CERISE FDV051CER
- ASSORTED 5CM AZALEAS FLA100

That's all I have for today, hope you've enjoyed my creations 
and I'll see you in December!






8 comments:

  1. Both your layouts are super Gorgeous... But! That lamp really has the WOW factor.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first post Jelissa. So many beautiful details and such fab use of all those Green Tara products. Cheers Di. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful works Jelissa!!
    I especially like ''Smile'' layout. This is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so gorgeous! Love how you have used splashes of colours together with GT products, so well coordinated, love the lampshade too! Great first post!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your first post! You did a fantastic job! Love your playful style with colors and flowers together! The lampshade is such a cool idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you girls! GT's products are so easy to work with, they make everything look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fabulous Jelissa! I love what you've done with the laces and trims especially. You've inspired me to try something different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Fabulous Jelissa... love the lamp

    ReplyDelete