Saturday 30 March 2013

3 Layouts... by Mistra Hoolahan


True Romance

Hi everyone... today I have a couple of layouts to share with you.  This first is another snapshot from my trip to New York.  These are just a few of all the carriages lined up outside Central Park, waiting to take lovers for a romantic ride through the park, or a couple of dorky tourists, either works LOL.

I loved the red in this shot, love red!  But it's rarely a colour I scrap.  I was away at retreat when I created this so I didn't have quite the right flower colours with me, so to get just the right colour I sprayed some Pincushion Flowers, 3cm Roses and Apple Blossoms with Holly Berries SmoochSpritz.  I've sprayed the paper flowers before, but have always been hesitant with the fabric ones... Di reassured me it works a treat and it does, and it truly is so so easy!  


I've added some white Cherry Blossoms for some lovely contrast.  The Cherry Blossoms are one of my favourite 'tuck in' flowers, they always fit perfectly into empty spots and look equally as good in a cluster or by themselves.   Here I've tucked one into a tear in my distressed edge and added a little bit of Silver Diamante Trim for a little bit of sparkle.


Tucked in here and there is some beautiful OffWhite Lace trim, topped with more Silver Diamante Trim.  I've even found a gorgeous little carriage charm in my stash, how perfect!


A gorgeous cluster of red and white... Pincushion and Sakura Fabric Flowers, Cherry Blossoms and Apple Blossoms, pretty Lace and elegant Silver Diamante Trim and a sweet little chipboard heart... true romance!


_______________________________________________________________

Bliss


This one is of my god-daughter.  She lives 8 hours away from us now, thankfully Facebook helps me stay in touch, and allows me to grab photos of her to continue to scrapping her album I started when she was little.  I loved this sepia image of her, doing some modelling for a local vintage clothing store. 


I have used gorgeous white Wild Rose and Heirloom flowers here to freshen up the sepia in these Bo Bunny papers, and also some Light Brown 2cm Roses that were just the perfect colour!

I love to use the flat White Petals to layer and tuck in under clusters and underneath layers, they simply extend the clusters and help add some softness to edges.


I have added some ribbon layers, under and over the photo.  Some Natural Jute, Coloured Jute and pretty Off White Lace.  Just little snippets can add a lot of impact.  

I only had a tiny bit of the Round Silver Diamante Trim left, so have cut it into singular sections and used it as sweet 'blingy' embellishments!  I love that they match the centre of the Wild Rose so well!


______________________________________________________________

A Walk in the Park

I created this one last month as a challenge with Natasha, she grabbed a sketch and we created our layouts using the same papers.  We had to laugh when we realised we had both reached for the same Green Tara flowers!  

Here's the sketch we used:

[click on the image to visit Sketch Savvy]




This beautiful Satin Rosette flower was the perfect shade for the green and blue hue of the papers, and a bow from Natural Jute Ribbon accented the natural tones of the layout.


Thanks for stopping by and visiting us today!

Don't forget to 'like' us on Facebook if you haven't already!



Green Tara Products used:

True Romance
10mm Wave Silver Diamante Trim RBY25
2cm Off White Lace L2895OW
White Cherry Blossoms FLC22Wh
6cm Butter Pincushion Soft Fabric Flower XF9320Bu
5cm White Sakura Silk and Pearl Flower XF9221Wh
Ivory Apple Blossoms FDV044Iv
3cm White Roses FDR024Wh

Bliss
White 6.5cm Silk and Organza Heirloom Flower XF9213Wh
White Wild Rose Silk and Organza Flower XF9318Wh
Light Brown 2cm Roses FDR006LB
White Cherry Blossoms FLC22Wh
5cm White Petals PFLP07
12mm Round Silver Diamante Trim RBY36
2cm Off White Lace L2895OW
38mm Natural Jute Ribbon RB17Nat38
25mm White Coloured Jute Ribbon RB407Wh

A Walk in the Park
5cm Olive Satin Rosette Satin and Pearl Flower XF9330Ol
4.5cm Black Grey Primula Silk and Organza Flower XF9325BG
7cm Sage Petals FDS021Sa
4cm Sage Petals FK018Sa
5cm Medium Gold Leaves LA3Go
15mm Natural Jute Ribbon RB17Nat15

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Mistra, Love the red in the first layout and the ruffled paper in the 3rd layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post as always Mistra. So many fab details to capture the eye & as always such innovative use of all those gorgeous Green Tara products too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Mistra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Mistra! You have such a wonderful style and you work magic with the Green Tara lovelies.

    ReplyDelete