Tuesday 21 February 2012

Trinket Box by Mistra Hoolahan

Hi everyone!

This weekend I  turned a simple little balsa wood box into this sweet trinket box for us here at Green Tara...
 I was dying to see how well the banana fibre papers would go used like tissue for covering items... it was so easy to work with!  I adore the fibres showing through, giving it such wonderful texture.  I used Inkssentials Glue'n'Seal to adhere the banana fibre paper and while still wet applied some Tim Holtz stains and blended them through with more Glue'n'Seal. 
I cut up some of the Silver Stems to pop into the ribbon bow, they add such a delicate sparkle to everything
I love the little metal embellishments Green Tara stock, they are so easily transformed if the silver isn't working for your project.  Just give them a thin coat of acrylic paint or gesso, then when dry add another coat and then add some stains for more colour.
The Silk Flowers with Swarovski Crystals have become a favourite of mine, they are simply so sweet with that gorgeous sparkly center.

Green Tara Products used:
Metal Embellishments - Hearts - 2.5cm

Until next time, take care,
Mis xo


3 comments:

  1. Your idea for a mag clamp is intriguing, I've never worked with magnets before, other then grade school science experiments. I'm open for any suggestions.
    CA Glue

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful project idea - love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and ever so cute, Linda

    ReplyDelete